2 years full-time
HNC fee is £3500 p.a.
King's Lynn Campus
The HNC day release course is designed to cater for experienced technicians who are in full-time employment and wish to progress to technician engineer status.
The Higher National Certificate is administered through the faculty of technology and is designed to help students who wish to enter the industry as technician engineers with design, managerial or development responsibilities.
The HNC is a 2 year, level 4 part-time course. Academic standards are high, and the commitment of staff and students ensures highly motivated and competent graduates, well equipped to succeed in the engineering industry.
Units may include:
- Further mathematics
- Analytical methods for engineers
- Engineering science
- Mechanical principles
- Advanced CAD techniques
- Health, safety and risk assessment
- Managing people
- Project design, implementation and evaluation/span
- All applicants must have GCSE English and maths at 4 (Grade C) or above or equivalent, plus at least one of the following: - National Certificate in Engineering (minimum grade of merit) - National Diploma (minimum grade of merit, merit, merit) - AS levels in maths or science at grade C or above
- This course is open to applicants of all ages provided they meet the entry requirements, or can prove that they have a similar level of interest/experience in the engineering field.
- "Applications with equivalent qualifications or relevant experience will be considered and their suitability assessed during interview.
- Other entry requirements and/or experience will be considered during a college interview.
International (EEA) applicants:
International applicants from the European Economic Area (EEA) may be asked to complete IELTS and achieve a level 7 if there are significant doubts about an applicant's level to communicate. A NARIC statement of comparability will be required to translate grades into their UK equivalents.
Typical earnings for careers related to this degree in the local area: